Data Quality Analyst wanted urgently: APPLY HERE
Pinelands, Western Cape
Old Mutual is a premium African financial services organization that offers a broad spectrum of financial solutions to retail and corporate customers across key market segments in 17 countries. The lines of business include Life and Savings, Property and Casualty, Asset Management and Banking and Lending.
We are rooted in our purpose of Championing Mutually Positive Futures Every Day and believe that great customer experience is anchored in great employee experience.
The Data Quality Analyst role is focused on ensuring that appropriate data quality processes are designed and related Data Quality Principles & Data Rules are adhered to for party data (customer). The successful candidate has:
· sound knowledge of Old Mutual product administration systems as well as the business processes, rules and governance related to party data and is responsible for the ongoing measurement and reporting on data quality to the various business units.
· an understanding of relevant Party Data regulatory compliance obligations e.g. PPI, KYC, FICA, Regulatory Reporting such as AML, FATCA etc.
This role gives strategic and operational input into day to day business queries relating to party data, business and data rules and the potential downstream impacts system process data changes.
Data Quality Management & Stewardship
DQM Operational Tasks
· Promote improved (and maintain existing) Data Quality in the Group Client Solution (Old Mutual’s Party Data Master).
· Promote improved (and maintain existing) Data Quality in the Source System/System of Entry, to enable trusted quality data flows into the Party Master /Group Client Solution (GCS).
· Proactively evaluate the quality of party data into the party data master and downstream to consumer systems and processes.
· Conduct data quality assessments and provide findings and recommendations
· Process & Data Problem analysis, to identify the cause and effect of DQ issues.
· Maintain and ensure conformance with DQ Policies, relevant Party Data Business Processes, Standards and Remediation strategies to ensure DQM, inclusive of DQ principals, DQ Rules, Compliance & Regulatory obligations relevant to the Party Data within OM/the Business Unit (Natural Person & Legal Entity).
· Evaluating Business & Data Requirements to ensure ongoing DQM.
· System testing of new and/or enhanced processes to ensure the adherence to agreed business & Party Data rules including related error handing and reporting requirements are met
· Interprets and analyses data and presents to stakeholders in presentations or reports
· Coordinates data extractions and input to strategic projects where integrated data sets are required
DQM Teamwork, Education, Consulting & Collaboration
· Promote education and awareness with the business pertinent to understanding of the DQM life cycle, including DQ, measurement & Reporting on Completeness & Conformance
· Proactive Consultation with Architects, Analysts, and business stakeholders, providing specialist knowledge and inputs pertinent to Party Data Quality Management & Governance.
· Promote collaboration between Data Stewards, DQM specialists, business and IT stakeholders to ensure that appropriate Data Correction and Prevention Strategies can be developed and implemented toward improved Party Data Quality Management (PDQM) across OM.
· Proactively participate in monthly Data Steward Forums
· Ensure escalation of DQ issues to the Data Owners &/or Data Governance Forums as may be required to ensure ongoing DQM.
Management Information & Reporting
· Review DQ, Risk and Data Degradation Reports and related issue resolution.
· Review DQ Standards, policies, and processes, including related error handling processes and remediation strategies, DQ work requests and decision-making processes and make recommendations for improvements and management decision-making.
· Distribute data quality non-conformance reports to the respective business units for remediation.
· Prepare Customer Data Statistical analysis reports
· Proactively provide input to the Remediation Process, to support the achievement of DQ Targets.
· Accountable for service delivery through own efforts.
· Individually accountable for managing own time, tasks and output quality for periods of 1 day to a maximum of 6 months
· Makes increased contributions by broadening individual skills
· Collaborates effectively with others to achieve personal results
Accepts and lives the company values
· At least 5 years’ experience in Data Quality Management or equivalent
· Data Analysis qualification and experience preferable
· Data Governance and Data Quality experience (Data analysis, Root cause analysis, process design, improvement, documentation, business data rules, soliciting of requirements)
· Solid understanding of data management and metadata, including familiarity with data governance best practices
· Verbal and written communication skills
· Analytical ability – attention to detail and strong follow through
· Facilitation skills
· Planning/prioritizing skills
· Negotiation/driving skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across levels in the Organization
· Ability to work under pressure – quick turnaround times
· Ability to look at the broader picture and see potential downstream or cross impacts
· MS office, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, SharePoint
· Have a solid understanding and experience of data quality principals and processes relevant to Data Quality Management (DQM), inclusive of business & data rules.
· Have a solid understanding of Party Data Management in the OM Context from a Business and Data process perspective, inclusive of relevant Business & Data Rules, Compliance, and Regulatory Requirements.
· Change as a Way of Executing
· Leading with influence
· Collaboration (Diversity & Inclusion)
· Agile Innovation
· Customer First
· Personal Mastery (Lifelong Learning)